Rich R

Default TN: Lageder 2002 Pinot Grigio

My root stock is Irish-Jewish, but at heart I'm an Italian. When the warmer
weather strikes, I go right for the white wine, and Italy offers some of the
best. Something as simple as a Pinot Grigio can be turned into a
mind-blower, and Lageder did it with the 2002 Alto Adige offering. This is
my third day of drinking the same bottle. Smokey, plush fresh fruit, a bit
decadent for a Pinot Grigio. Fine by itself, but drank with a dish made with
fettuccini, peas, potatoes, and a mild (very mild) pesto. Actually didn't
buy enough basil. With this dish, the wine had almost a sweet, lager beer
taste. Very interesting and very delicious.

Rich R.

--
The journey is the reward.