Mike Rinken

Default Electric "Smokers"

Reg wrote:
> L. Cook wrote:
>
>> I shopped Home Depot and Lowes and bought my BBQ/smoker from
>> Lowes. I thought a little more of the store, like they were a
>> little more on the ball, but that may have been just me. However,
>> though both stores had almost identical products as far as grills,
>> smokers, etc., I didn't see what you are describing.

> Uh, yeah. What he was describing is a basic electric bullet smoker
> ala meco, char-broil, brinkman and about 10 other companies. They're
> as common as weeds.
>
> Here's the thing. If you lack a basic, rudimentary knowledge of a
> subject that's fine. Everyone has to start somewhere, and usenet
> exists to
> help people aquire information. But what value does your opinion on
> the subject have if that's the case?
>
> There seems to be an influx of this kind of thing lately in this
> group. People expounding on different types of equipment when they
> don't even know what they are, much less have experience with them.
>
> Stop that please.

Ok chill. I agree he was a bit off the track, but give him a break.

And just as long as we're on the topic, I've been lurking here for about a
year now, picking up tid bits, doing some rudimentary studying, learning
which grill and smoker to buy. I am getting a WSM and a Weber Genesis at
the end of the year (once bonus land rolls around) and I'm looking for a
cheap smoker to get started on to try things out and to start perfecting my
Q. It's become my 2nd hobby, right after woodworking.

You guys have been (as usenet usually is) great, there's a TON of
information as usual on various subjects. I also subscribe to
rec.woodworking and have always found that one to be very informative. Hell
I researched Usenet for a year before buying one tool. But several dickhead
users start posting crap and start ruining it for everyone. It's
in-evitable that it will happen, but let's keep it civil.

I do thank all for the opinions here and the wealth of information. Keep it
going! Ok, off to grill a nice 1 1/2 inch thick Sirloin. Nothing like a
perfectly grilled steak. And 12 yr old scotch of course.

Mike