Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default To wrap or not wrap - pork ribs

Kent wrote:

> Cooking ribs in a smoker is "sous vide". "Sous Vide" means "under
> vacuum".

BBQ isn't cooked 'under vacuum'. Sheesh, you just can't keep from
embarrasing yourself.

Another fact: BBQ can be cooked at any temperature. Big Jim and a lot of
others do it all the time. You would know this if you actually had done any
bbq. I bbq at a temperature defined by the cut of meat I'm cooking. Thinner
cuts, like ribs, have a delicate balancing act which, in my mind is solved
by cooking at a higher temperature than brisket or shoulders. This means
that the collagen breakdown occurs faster and I can get the ribs off of the
heat quicker.

Sous Vide, indeed. What a pretentious, pedantic prig (PPP).

--
Dave
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."--------