Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default My posts here are not showing up again!!

In article >,
"Tom Del Rosso" > wrote:

> Why do people use google groups?
>
> If you run in XP or earlier, you have the free Outlook Express. And with
> any OS there are several free newsreaders you can use.
>
> eternal-seprember.org is free.
>
> So why in the world would anyone use google groups?

Fortunately, I'm not "anyone", so I don't. I look up old posts on rare
occasions.

:-)

> Have you tried using a reader and actually prefer a web interface?

I also find it hard to believe that anyone who had a good experience
with something else would prefer the Google web interface for posting
and everyday reading.

I have read postings from people who travel a lot, use many computers
and have security restrictions (a firewall that blocks the ports used by
newsgroups). For myself, I have been gone for the last 2 1/2 weeks
visiting relatives. Although I had computer access for most of the
time, I choose not to set up a news client on someone else's computer.
So I have just not posted or read.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA