Posted to rec.food.cooking
missussex missussex is offline

Default Boxed pizza

On Jun 24, 8:54*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> Note that I am not recommending this stuff. *I have had it. *You don't want
> it! *But they still make it. *I was at Winco foods today and saw the Chef
> Boyardee sauce on the shelf and some other brand I've never heard of, of
> boxed crust mix. *I seem to remember that there was a brand called Apian Way
> (sp?) that used to make the boxed stuff. *Not sure if they still do. *But I
> looked it up and Chef Boyardee still makes it. *Here's a link:
>
> http://www.chefboyardee.com/products.jsp

Julie, thanks for posting this! Just the other night DH and I were
talking about retro food and the subject of boxed pizza mixes came up.
We hadn't seen them in years and wondered if they even still exist.
Both of us remember our stay-at-home moms making those Chef Boyardee
pizzas in the 1950's. This was before takeout pizza places were as
common (and affordable) as they are now. Boxed pizza mixes were
terrible, but we didn't know any better in those days.