Posted to rec.food.cooking
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default How to stop the leak under the kitchen sink?

On Jun 24, 5:02*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 24/06/2011 6:54 PM, Nad R wrote:
>

> > Sounds like the sink is still plugged up.

> I got the impression from the OPs description that it was the tailpiece
> that is moving up and down, which would indicate a problem with the
> train itself. *OTOH it could be that the tailpiece is moving up and down
> in the trap. If that it the case, it might just need to be tightened a
> bit more. Or...... *a new collar and washer.

The slip nut washer is cracked 90% of the time when I have to play Mr
At-Home Plumber. Make sure you get an exact match, or just buy a new
slip nut and washer. In that case, make sure it fits the tailpipe.

http://www.azpartsmaster.com/images/...op/6060_th.jpg