Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba[_2_] Goomba[_2_] is offline

Default How can you make a hot chocolate drink without sugar withoutsugar substitutes using the lactose of the milk?

Steve Pope wrote:

> I make half-sweet hot chocolate as follows:
>
> Combine 1/2 cup milk (I actually prefer this to be a mix of cow and
> soy milk, but that's not important), 1/2 portion hot chocolate mix,
> and a good 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of New Mexico chile powder (or a
> mix of some NM, ancho, pasilla, etc.). Stir this and heat in a microwave,
> meanwhile have some how water boiling. Add hot water to reach the size
> of a full cup.
>
> Satisfactory, I say.
>
> Steve

Working back to back 13 hour night shifts makes sleep very precious to
me. I have a apres work ritual of nuking a big mug of skim milk (2 cups)
to which I add about a half teaspoon of good cocoa powder and one packet
of Equal. It isn't sickeningly sweet or artificial tasting, and the warm
milk's tryptophan really helps put me to sleep. It also helps me get
more calcium into my aging self, which is important to me.