Michael Legel

Default Starbucks Obstructing First Union Vote

"Wm James" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 08:49:05 -0500, Alan wrote:
>
> If you
> could take a 10% cut or lose your job, what would you choose? Before
> you answer, if you can save 10% on something YOU buy by shopping
> somewhere else, what would you choose?
>
> William R. James

I would and did fight to keep my job and get a raise in the bargain. I
couldn't have done that without a union. You assume that an employer has some
right to set pay and working conditions at a whim ... it is only so if society
allows it.

Setting aside all your "open market" gibberish aside ... let's set something
straight. Simply because you have no moral principle other than dollar value
don't impugn that restriction on the rest of society. I won't buy ANYTHING
from Wal-mart, in fact I wouldn't take the time to go pick up something they
were giving away. There are some costs in life beside the dollar cost and I
will not support that anti-American company and many others. Yes, it does
cost me more money at times and some times we do without altogether, but it's
the only way we can eventually rid ourselves of the leeches.