C.Deferio

Default So what exactly does Dan Clore do for a living anyway?

"Stan de SD" > wrote in message thlink.net>...
> "Dan Clore" > wrote in message
> > News & Views for Anarchists & Activists:
> >
> > Starbucks Obstructing First US Union Vote
> > posted by IU/660 on Tuesday June 01 2004 @ 11:44AM PDT
> > June 1, 2004
> > Contact:
> > Starbucks Obstructing First US Union Vote
> >
> > Workers to Schultz: What are you so scared of?
> >
> > New York, NY--The Starbucks Baristas Union and community
> > members across the country have condemned repeated attempts
> > by the company to deny workers a fair vote on the Union.
> > While paying lip-service to respecting the choice of
> > employees, Starbucks has deployed a variety of crude tactics
> > in an effort to defeat the IWW IU/660, which would be the
> > first union certified in the United States at the mammoth chain.
> >
> > Supporters around the country and internationally are
> > contacting Starbucks demanding they live up to their
> > rhetoric. If Starbucks really is a bastion of worker
> > benefits, what is Chairman Howard Schultz, who raked in over
> > $17 million last year, so scared of? The truth is Starbucks,
> > with its poverty wages and rampant repetitive-stress
> > dangers, resembles a sweatshop more than it does a decent
> > place to work.

> Yeah, and all those 20-something college-age Americans are being forced to
> work there against their will, right? I guess YOU would think it's a
> sweatshop, given that you strike me as the type of feminized, spoiled
> cry-baby who has never held a real job one day in his life.

Well ya know...I was in a Starbucks in Manhattan
recently...somewhere to get out of the sun...and I chanced a small
coffee. I got it in about 5 minutes and there were nine people behind
the counter. Nine! We opertate a shop with comprable rushes with one
at the most two people behind the bar and everyone is taken care of
quickly and curtiously...there is absolutely no need for nine
people...even four people to be working at the same time behind the
counter unless they really are that inept that they can't possibly
work the automatic espresso machine and a blender at the same time.
Whats lacking here is training and efficiency(and possibly the desire
to work). No wonder they don't get much...with that kind of over
staffing I can't see how they could swing more.....does a button
puisher deserve more?
well....anyhow...if Starbucks is a sweatshop it is only because of all
that extra body heat being thrown off by the hord of PBTCs.
-Chris Deferio
-May your coffee be deep-