Alex Russell

Default So what exactly does Dan Clore do for a living anyway?

"Stan de SD" > wrote in message
.net...

> "Alex Russell" > wrote in message
> newsrQxc.12808$Dr.11373@edtnps84...
> > "Stan de SD" > wrote in message
> > news

> > > Yeah, and all those 20-something college-age Americans are being

forced
> > > work there against their will, right? I guess YOU would think it's a
> > > sweatshop, given that you strike me as the type of feminized, spoiled
> > > cry-baby who has never held a real job one day in his life.
> > >
> > > Tell us, Dan Clore, self-appointed "voice" of the workers -
> > > what in the hell do YOU do for a living?
> > >

> > Can't come up with a real argument so you want to shoot the messenger?

> Came up with an argument that when right over your little head. Nobody is
> being forced to work at Starbucks, McDonalds, Wal-Mart, or whatever
> corporate villian du juor that grabs the attention of Clore & Co. on a

given
> day. If you think the company sucks, quit and work somewhere else. If you
> think that all companies suck, start your OWN business and exploit

yourself.

> All the people whining and crying about the afforementioned companies act
> like the people who work there are being deprived of alternatives

somewhere
> else, when they aren't. If they aren't pulling down $100K/year with
> benefits, it's not because some retail/fast-food chain is holding them
> hostage and keeping them from working at Microsoft - it's because they
> simply lack the job skills to do better. Given that education is free

until
> 12th grade, and community colleges are ubiquitous and still relatively
> cheap, whose damn fault is it when somebody refuses to take advantage of

the
> educational opportunities available in this country and can't do better

than
> flipping burgers and working a computerized cash register?

So you think unions should be outlawed? Why shouldn't employees be allowed
to unionize?

The only problem I have with unions are the "closed shop" rules, but of
course the unions wouldn't have much power without those rules.

I don't like the closed shop rules as they infringe a lot on a person's
right to enter into contracts. I also don't like having unions use members
dues to promote policies that many members disagree with, eg political
contributions.

And I still fail to see how insulting Dan furthers your own arguments. It is
possible for people to hold different opinions, and yet respect each other.

--
Alex Russell