Michael Legel

Default So what exactly does Dan Clore do for a living anyway?

"-MIKE-" > wrote in message
> > Given that education is free until 12th grade, and community colleges are
> > ubiquitous and still relatively cheap, whose damn fault is it when
> > somebody refuses to take advantage of the educational opportunities
> > available in this country and can't do better than flipping burgers and
> > working a computerized cash register?
> >

> <sound of can 'o worms opening> :-)
>
> When I see Mexican immigrants come to this country, with not even
> pocket change, and they start a landscaping company or a restaurant
> and within a decade are flourishing business owners employing many
> other people, and then I see people born in this country who are
> second and third generation welfare addicts, I scratch me head,
> thinking, "Now I *know* things are much worse off in Mexico. Why
> was that guy able to come over here and make a great living, and he
> didn't even speak the language at first?"
>
> Not a dis to anyone. It just shows what can happen with the right
> motivation.
>

> -MIKE-
>
> "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
> --Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
> --
> http://mikedrums.com
>
> ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

And you admire these role models who profit by the poverty wages paid to their
fellow countrymen and enjoying the benefits supplied by tax paying Americans?
It's not about the few who profit, but about HOW they acquire those profits.
I have no use for employers who abuse their employees.