Stan de SD

Default So what exactly does Dan Clore do for a living anyway?

"Alex Russell" > wrote in message
newsrQxc.12808$Dr.11373@edtnps84...
> "Stan de SD" > wrote in message
> news
> >
> > "Dan Clore" > wrote in message
> > > News & Views for Anarchists & Activists:
> > >
> > > Starbucks Obstructing First US Union Vote
> > > posted by IU/660 on Tuesday June 01 2004 @ 11:44AM PDT
> > > June 1, 2004
> > > Contact:
> > > Starbucks Obstructing First US Union Vote
> > >
> > > Workers to Schultz: What are you so scared of?
> > >
> > > New York, NY--The Starbucks Baristas Union and community
> > > members across the country have condemned repeated attempts
> > > by the company to deny workers a fair vote on the Union.
> > > While paying lip-service to respecting the choice of
> > > employees, Starbucks has deployed a variety of crude tactics
> > > in an effort to defeat the IWW IU/660, which would be the
> > > first union certified in the United States at the mammoth chain.
> > >
> > > Supporters around the country and internationally are
> > > contacting Starbucks demanding they live up to their
> > > rhetoric. If Starbucks really is a bastion of worker
> > > benefits, what is Chairman Howard Schultz, who raked in over
> > > $17 million last year, so scared of? The truth is Starbucks,
> > > with its poverty wages and rampant repetitive-stress
> > > dangers, resembles a sweatshop more than it does a decent
> > > place to work.

> > Yeah, and all those 20-something college-age Americans are being forced

> > work there against their will, right? I guess YOU would think it's a
> > sweatshop, given that you strike me as the type of feminized, spoiled
> > cry-baby who has never held a real job one day in his life.
> >
> > Tell us, Dan Clore, self-appointed "voice" of the workers -
> > what in the hell do YOU do for a living?
> >

> Can't come up with a real argument so you want to shoot the messenger?

Came up with an argument that when right over your little head. Nobody is
being forced to work at Starbucks, McDonalds, Wal-Mart, or whatever
corporate villian du juor that grabs the attention of Clore & Co. on a given
day. If you think the company sucks, quit and work somewhere else. If you
think that all companies suck, start your OWN business and exploit yourself.

All the people whining and crying about the afforementioned companies act
like the people who work there are being deprived of alternatives somewhere
else, when they aren't. If they aren't pulling down $100K/year with
benefits, it's not because some retail/fast-food chain is holding them
hostage and keeping them from working at Microsoft - it's because they
simply lack the job skills to do better. Given that education is free until
12th grade, and community colleges are ubiquitous and still relatively
cheap, whose damn fault is it when somebody refuses to take advantage of the
educational opportunities available in this country and can't do better than
flipping burgers and working a computerized cash register?