Hawth Hill

Default Starbucks Obstructing First Union Vote

in article , Wm James at
wrote on 06/12/2004 3:28 AM:

> Ever cross a picket line? I have
> crossed more than a few. They attempt to use violence, threats,
> extortion, and vandalism to prevent decent people from exercising
> their rights to work and shop.

I've seen this happen. I've seen it alleged many, many times. Sometimes it
happens. But, whenever it does, all one need do is get the NLRB on the
phone. Such actions are illegal, and will be stopped very quickly. The
NLRA statutorily requires that the NLRB give precedence to the handling and
prosecution of any such charges.

> They go out of their way to encourage
> jury duty specificaly to get their cohorts off the hook if they get
> arrested for perpetrating such crimes as well.

I thought I'd heard everything, but this is a new one. Wow, managing to
"pack" a jury pool that consists of thousands and thousands of possible
jurors. And to think! Not one of the attorneys prosecuting such cases has
thought to engage in voir dire and have such persons excluded for cause!
LOL

> Even work slowdowns are
> theft, and employers should have the legal right to answer them with
> matching pay slowdowns.

Yet another of those chimeras. Work slowdowns are specifically made illegal
under section 8(e) of the NLRA. And, yet again, it's one of those sections
of the Act where the NLRB is required by the statute to give the
investigation and prosecution of the allegation precedence over all other
pending allegations in the office. If it's true that you know of such
violations, all you need do is call the NLRB. They'll take it from there,
at no cost to you.

HH