G*rd*n

Default Starbucks Obstructing First Union Vote

:

:
> No you didn't. You answered why a company would want to pay off the
> mob running the union. My question was why theu would want their
> employees following a mob boss instead of the managers of the
> business.

If you're trying to say that all unions are criminal
organizations, you'll have to provide a lot of evidence
presently missing. I suspected you meant this, but chose to
take your question in square mode for the sake of a little
humor. In fact, some business managers have liked to deal
with unions under the control of organized crime thugs, just
as they sometimes like to deal with other businesses under
the control of organized crime thugs, or governments under
the control of organized crime thugs. Usually, this is
because they are organized crime thugs themselves. I
don't find them or their situation very interesting.

As things stand, unions are simply one possible expression
of the rights of association, contract and representation
supposedly possessed by everyone, including employees. Like
other organizations, they may be occasionally captured or
subverted by organized crime thugs. They are hardly unique
in this regard.

--