Michael Legel

Default So what exactly does Dan Clore do for a living anyway?

"Alex Russell" > wrote in message

> The only problem I have with unions are the "closed shop" rules, but of
> course the unions wouldn't have much power without those rules.
>
> I don't like the closed shop rules as they infringe a lot on a person's
> right to enter into contracts. I also don't like having unions use members
> dues to promote policies that many members disagree with, eg political
> contributions.
>
> And I still fail to see how insulting Dan furthers your own arguments. It is
> possible for people to hold different opinions, and yet respect each other.
>
> --
> Alex Russell

There are not "closed shops" in American union contracts. They are illegal.
There are, however, union shops which is quite different. It is not often
that unions stray too far with union dues in the political arena because of
the controversy possible. By far most of the political money is from
voluntary contributions separate from dues. If, however, a union member
wishes to relinquish union membership he/she can do so and not pay any dues
toward political ends. I think this is foolish myself, when unions are more
worker friendly than other organizations and provide more return for the
dollar.

Insulting Dan was a natural response to his insults. It doesn't really
further the argument, but it ****es Dan off and that's OK too. Dan has shown
great disrespect to most of us by assuming he is the only person here who
"works" for living and has any grasp on "the real world" where he assumes he
lives. Read through a few of his inane blatherings and you will see why he
invites the same invective in return.

You on the other hand seem to have a civil disposition. Thank you.