-MIKE-

Default So what exactly does Dan Clore do for a living anyway?

"Michael Legel" > wrote:

> It is your contention then that ALL of these wonderful immigrant
> "companies" employ only properly documented people and do not take
> advantage of their workers poverty?

Again, show me where I wrote or implied that.

My original reply was in response to someone suggesting that there
is ample opportunity to move up the ladder in this country. He's
right. I was specking to it being somewhat a matter of being
motivated and working hard.

> And you have checked them all out and
> can vouch for that? Right. And I am jumping to conclusions.
> Take a reality check.

Do you realize that the legal population of Hispanics has reached or
surpassed that of African-Americans, as of the last US census? Are
you going to then question the legality of Blacks in this country?
Are you going to just presume the worst about them?

Sure, there are illegal Mexican immigrants. There are also many,
many times more Mexican Americans who are working hard, who have the
same documentation of citizenship as you and I, who are paying their
taxes and social security, who own businesses and employ all types
of people-- complete above board, who even go to college and get
degrees, who even become council members, mayors, and congressmen.

I suppose until I check with all them and vouch for it, you'll
continue to assume the worst.

> And nowhere have we even discussed the American workers
> who used to do such jobs and are not able to do so unless they too agree
> to work for minimum wage or less. Get real.

American workers? Just the white ones, or the Mexican, Black,
Korean, Russian, and Iranian American workers, too?

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com