-MIKE-

Default So what exactly does Dan Clore do for a living anyway?

> Given that education is free until 12th grade, and community colleges are
> ubiquitous and still relatively cheap, whose damn fault is it when
> somebody refuses to take advantage of the educational opportunities
> available in this country and can't do better than flipping burgers and
> working a computerized cash register?

<sound of can 'o worms opening> :-)

When I see Mexican immigrants come to this country, with not even
pocket change, and they start a landscaping company or a restaurant
and within a decade are flourishing business owners employing many
other people, and then I see people born in this country who are
second and third generation welfare addicts, I scratch me head,
thinking, "Now I *know* things are much worse off in Mexico. Why
was that guy able to come over here and make a great living, and he
didn't even speak the language at first?"

Not a dis to anyone. It just shows what can happen with the right
motivation.

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--