Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Restaurant chains want to kill this guy

In article >, lid says...

> On 6/9/2011 9:26 PM, Eric Campbell wrote:
> > Sales have been slowing at national restaurant chains like Red
> > Lobster, TGI Fridays, and the Cheesecake Factory recently due to the
> > increase in gas prices
> >
> > To make matters worse, more and more people are discovering that they
> > can save money by making their favorite restaurant dishes at home
> > following the step by step instructions of Master Chef Ron Douglas.
> >
> > The so called "secret recipes" of these billion dollar restaurants
> > have now been exposed and shared with the world in the cooking
> > instructional guide "America's Secret Recipes."
> >

> You mean I will be able to buy buckets of secret sauces and other great
> industrial components that industrial restaurants use? Where do I send
> the money?

Gotta say, the guy's a good marketer. He's offering an ebook for 30
bucks--the "physical version" is available for "a small additional
charge" but you have to read all the way through his web page to find
that out. And if you go to Amazon they've got three paper copies for
over 200 bucks a pop with no reviews, suggesting that it's something
rare and valuable--they're through used book sellers so I'd be
interested in knowing how he pulled that off.

OTOH, there's another "secret recipe" line out, by Todd Wilbur, that
goes for 10 bucks on Amazon and has lots and lots of good reviews. I
think if I were in the market for such a book that's the one I would go
with.