Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default WSM brisket (without hourly mop)

unix wrote:

> Is there a way I can get a decent brisket done without so much effort?

Hello and welcome.

One doesn't need to mop; and from my point of view, shouldn't bother. All it
does is lengthen the cooking time, remove any rub, and keeps a decent bark
from forming. Oh, and never cook to time, cook to internal meat temperature.
You may have heard the joke, Q: How long does it take to do bbq? A: Until
the meat is done. One may estimate, based on the weight of the cut, how long
it MAY take to finish cooking, but there are any number of variables
involved. How often one opens the lid to the pit is but one of those
variables :-)

>.....I mostly do ribs and leave them for 3 hours, do the foil wrap
> and come back 2 hours later.

Good god, man, why??? Seriously, it only takes three hours to do a
succulent rib....less than that if doing babybacks. Ribs don't need to be
steamed :-)

http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/toc.html

--
Dave
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."