Default Starbucks Workers Join IWW

Stan de SD wrote:

> Once again, how are most individuals who are only going to work at Starbucks
> for a year or two going to receive "benefits"?

Hmmm... let's see...I know! 13 days after the contract, Suzie goes to
the doctor and uses her medical card (*DING*) and gets a prescription,
goes to the drug store and pays a $5 co-pay (*DING*) instead of $47. A
couple days later Jimmy goes to the dentist for an semi-annual check-up
(*DING*). Paulie opened up a 401k account (transferrable to his next
job) and he explained the plan to Kathy on their 30 minute break one
Saturday (*DING*), when they were both working a time and one half pay
(*DING*). She would have opened her account Monday, but she was called
in and ASKED to work (*DING*) an extra shift, since Lew needed to take a
personal day 'cause his kid was sick (*DING*). Mary missed this all,
tho', 'cause she was on a two week paid vacation (*DING*).

"Benefits" are a LOT more than retirement accounts.

> In addition, if the benefits received are such to make the dues "miniscule",
> who's paying for them?

The IWW is not the sort of union that runs it's own pension funds or
medical plans (those unions are usually in the construction field or
other industries were employees often work for a number of different
employers). If a contract is signed with Starbucks, Starbucks would pay
for the benefits.

> Answer those questions before you lecture me about doing my "homework", OK?

Well, you really should do some homework on what the IWW is before you
use your cliche arguments against it. Your replies are particularly
amusing to those who know the IWW...