D. Ross

Default Starbucks' _Baristas_?

| certified. Even if it is, it will be at this one *$ branch. What are the
| odds that *$ will renew the lease on this location if they go union?

At 36th and Madison? I'm guessing 100%.

| "The workers are calling on Starbucks to obey the law as the election
| approaches."
|
| What law is *$ violating?

I don't see any claim that they are currently violating a law. I assume
they are trying to preempt Starbucks from using intimidation tactics against
the workers engaged in organizing. I have no idea if the NYC *$ management
would be inclined to break the law in this way, evidently the employees
involved (who know them best) have determined that a little reminder might
be useful.

| A *$ job is not supposed to be a career - they are intended as a short term
| stepping stone jobs for students, actors, people with nose rings, etc. and
| not meant for you to be able to support a family on.

Isn't this what the auto magnates and coal mine owners used to say?-)

- David R.

--
http://www.demitasse.net