Jack Denver

Default Starbucks' _Baristas_?

"Starbucks workers ,,,,,have submitted union cards today to the NLRB for a
certification election."

This means that the union has not yet been certified and may never be
certified. Even if it is, it will be at this one *$ branch. What are the
odds that *$ will renew the lease on this location if they go union? Or
perhaps this will become the first, experimental self-service *$?

"The workers are calling on Starbucks to obey the law as the election
approaches."

What law is *$ violating?

"Starbucks cashes in on a community friendly image but it certainly doesn't
extend to their workers or coffee farmers. That's why we went Union."

So joining the union will help coffee farmers? How?

"Starbucks has also developed a scheme whereby all Baristas
work on a part-time basis and are not guaranteed any amount
of hours per week ."

Yes, they've even given a name to this fiendish evil "scheme". They call a
it a "part time job". Bwahahahahah

Other things unmentioned:

Beside the wages, *$ workers receive tip income.

A *$ job is not supposed to be a career - they are intended as a short term
stepping stone jobs for students, actors, people with nose rings, etc. and
not meant for you to be able to support a family on.

om...