Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan[_6_] Bryan[_6_] is offline

Default Frozen cooked lobster

On Jun 4, 6:16*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 04/06/2011 6:08 PM, biig wrote:
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- Mark Twain
>

> > * *Thanks Om...that sounds better. *I think I'll pick it first then a quick
> > steam??? Then the butter. *I've only had lobster a few times and never at
> > home so I'm a novice....Sharon

> I have lobster at home a lot more often than I have it in restaurants.
> It used to be a lot more expensive than it is now, and hard to get
> anywhere but restaurants. *I splurged and tried it a few times but was
> not impressed. It was not until I had fresh lobster on the east coast
> that I realized how good it can be when it is not overcooked.
>
> Now it is available live in most grocery stores, and much cheaper. *All
> you need to cook it is a big pot of salted water. Restaurants charge a
> hell of a lot for that simple job.

It's even cheaper sometimes at the Asian grocery. I buy a live one
every year for Valentine's Day, and prepare it for my wife. This year
was an exception because I broke my arm on Feb 10. One advantage
about doing it then is that if you set it outside, the cold renders
the lobster less mobile so you can get the rubber bands off w/o
risking a bad pinch.

--Bryan