Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba[_2_] Goomba[_2_] is offline

Default Vanilla pudding + whipped cream = boston/bavarian cream/cremeanglaise/pastry cream

Giusi wrote:
> "Nancy2" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> My supermarket
> bakery fills their cream Bismarks (and pastry horns) with a very, very
> white pastry cream - don't have a clue how to make that....
>
> It's usually based on Crisco, like supermarket cake frosting, too.

Ugh. I worry that young folks have *no* clue what the stuff in
supermarket bakeries is intended to imitate as they only know the bad
stuff there. Whole generations being raised on bad baked goods and never
having tasted a real Bavarian Cream. Sooooooo sad!!