Posted to alt.food.wine
Mateusz Papiernik Mateusz Papiernik is offline

Default TN: Gallo Family Zinfandel

W dniu 2011-05-25 23:28, Emery Davis pisze:
> Adele picked this up in a fit of misguided sentimentality. With a very
> good simple cheese souffle and salad.
>
> Nose: Unfortunate combination of home brewery and old cave mold.
>
> Color: "Smoke on the water, and fire in the skiiy.." (Sung to the tune of).
>
> Mouth: Cherry cola? No... sweet Robitussin? No... Pediacare cherry
> flavored? (Those with kids will know).

Hm... interesting. Was it a "Turn Leaf" version, or an ordinary
Zinfandel from Gallo Family?

it's been some time since I drank the ordinary one, but I remember I
always enjoyed their Zins are cheap plain party wines with no bells &
whistles. Never - seriously, never - had this kind of traumatic
experience with these bottles.

It's sad to hear their quality is going down

--
Mateusz Papiernik
, http://www.maticomp.net