Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Gallo Family Zinfandel

Adele picked this up in a fit of misguided sentimentality. With a very
good simple cheese souffle and salad.

Nose: Unfortunate combination of home brewery and old cave mold.

Color: "Smoke on the water, and fire in the skiiy.." (Sung to the tune of).

Mouth: Cherry cola? No... sweet Robitussin? No... Pediacare cherry
flavored? (Those with kids will know).

Truly and historically awful. I'd give it a D on the Dale Scale for
showing up, but we had no hot water for 3 days and the elevator broke
down twice today. Not feeling that charitable. I don't honestly
remember the taste of the Mad Dogs of my mis-spent youth, but I can't
imagine they were worse. We each drank a half glass -- it went far
better with salad than with the souffle -- and poured the rest down the
sink to mingle with its fellows in the sewer.

-E