Ivo van der Putten

Default What roaster to buy?

completely
> get rid of the smoke problem, but my wife enjoys the smell, so what can
> I say? If this is a problem for someone it sounds like the Ben and Jerry
> (ummmm Zach, something) roaster might be a better solution. Both of my
> roasters make LOTS of smoke. Also, a small vacuum cleaner is an absolute
> necessity, especially with the Alp as you need to removed any chaff that
> has gotten stuck in or around the heating element.
>

> Best wishes,
>
> Bruce "ol' smokey joe" B

Hi Bruce

Thanks for a well written essay on roasters.

Do not hesitate and open the Alp to clean the interior after 12 month of
use.
The first indication that the machine is becoming too dirty is the need to
increase the setting to a higher number to obtain the usual roast color.

--
Ivo van der Putten

www.ivanderputten.nl
www.ongebrand.nl