Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default black or green lentils - difference between these and brown lentils?

On Sat, 21 May 2011 09:20:14 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

> Per usual, a recipe specifies black or green lentils, like everyone
> has access to these things. All I have or can find are the ol' brown
> ones. Is this a matter of taste or is the difference too slight to
> care about?
>
> The recipe involves eggplant and other veggies.

I haven't used my "beluga" lentils yet, but so far I'm not impressed
enough with the taste differences between types of lentils to spend
significantly more on certain types in the future.

If you like this soup, would you please post the recipe? I am still
looking for something appealing to use those black lentils in and I
like eggplant. TIA

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.