Scott

Default What is your favorite Mass Market Coffee in US?

In article >,
"Jack Denver" > wrote:

> The BK product is not "yuck" - it is probably the most consistently fresh
> mass market cup. The concentrate method insures that each cup is freshly
> brewed at the time of service. In other places, the coffee sometimes starts
> out better, but after sitting on the hot plate for 1/2 hour or more,
> fugetttaboutit.

But what are the effects of creating the concentrate? That is, how is
the concentrate made? If it's boiled down, then I don't think that
subsequent fresh brewing (or, more specifically, dilution and reheating)
is that much of a blessing.

> Part of the fun of being a true coffee snob is you can puncture the
> pretensions of lesser coffee snobs. Thus, when someone says "robusta - yuck"
> you can point out Malabar Gold.

Which, of course, is not 100% robusta, so it doesn't quite dispel the
"yuck" factor of a 100% robusta brew.

please mail OT responses only