Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] friesian@zoocrewphoto.com is offline

Default Need suggestion for no salt and extremely low salt recipes

On May 19, 2:51*am, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> > wrote
>
> > Sandwich meats are out since they are so high in salt. He loves
> > sandwiches though, so a good alternative would be awesome. I can make
> > hot and cold sandwiches, so I am open to any suggestions.

> Do you have any roasted meats? *Sliced roast beef, chicken, turkey, or pork
> loin would make an excellent sandwich with no added salt.

We sell whole chickens (they do have some seasoning on the outside),
turkey breast, and a pork loin that is heavily sauced.

In the past, he has never been interested as he can't eat a whole one
in one day, and he has a tiny cube fridge. But I may be able to
convince him now. We have the whole chicken on sale on friday. And I
don't mind keeping part of it in the fridge and reheating it for him.
I have the rest of his package of butter in the employee fridge, and
some juice in my locker. He can't carry a lot at once, so when he buys
a multipack of juice, I keep the rest in my locker, and he can take
them one at a time.

I could also chop up the rest of the chicken and make something else
with it. We just need to get creative, and hopefully, he will accept
me helping some from home since it can't all be purchased at the
store already ready to eat.