Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Celeriac

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Don't find broccoli bitter at all (or asparagus for that matter) but
> Brussels sprouts are a little bitter. I eat them as is though or sometimes
> with butter and FGBP.

I must say I haven't had Brussels sprouts since I was a kid. If they come
canned that is most likely the kind I had because my mom was big into canned
veggies. I have heard that they are really good when roasted but unless I
get them in a restaurant that way I am unlikely to try them. I don't want
to cook them.

I do find broccoli, asparagus and to a lesser extent cauliflower to have a
vile taste when cooked. I wouldn't say bitter, but something so bad that I
have to immediately spit them out. Broccoli is the worst and I can't eat
something if it even has a speck of it in there or has touched it, such as a
vegetable medley. I can eat a very small amount of cauliflower in a soup.
I can (but don't like to) eat a small amount of raw broccoli or cauliflower.
I actually like the taste of raw cauliflower. It just doesn't agree with my
stomach. I can't eat asparagus no matter what!