Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Celeriac

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>I like fresh and canned I use canned in salads or for snacks. Good way
>to fill up when hungry and need low carb. I buy the expensive canned stuff
>though not the pale, tough, stringy cheap stuff which is vile.

The horrid canned stuff is what I grew up with. Thankfully we didn't have
it often. I do remember a babysitter trying to force me to eat it. And I
remember trying to get rid of it when I had it in my mouth at the dinner
table. I had a babysitting job and the kid's dad was in the driveway
waiting for me. My dad told me I couldn't leave the table until I had eaten
it. There was no way I could swallow it. I managed somehow to go into the
bathroom and spit it into the toilet.

Since then I have tried several times to eat the fresh stuff. It just won't
go down be it white or green, raw or cooked. I just don't like it!