Old 05-01-2004, 06:18 AM
anon

Default How to make the perfect cup of coffee (drip method) ?

That's too much coffee...the basic formula is one tablespoon coffee per 2
cups water. Remember a standard cup is only 8 ounces, or roughly half a
mugfull.

James M Thaxton wrote:
I've read a few things saying that for each level you fill your water
reservoir up to i.e.. 1-12, that's how many even tablespoons of grinds your
supposed to use. With the addition of cold water, but every time I do this,
my coffee seems to be either too dark or just bitter tasting. The brands
I've used are Folgers, Maxwell House and 8 'o clock coffees. Are these just
cheap coffees with bitter tastes, or is the grind measurements off scale?
Let me know...Sincerely 'wake up coffee' freak