Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Janet Janet is offline

Default Celeriac

KROM wrote:
> hah too funny!
>
> tho that's one vegg I haven't learned to like..blech..lol
>
> KROM
>

> "Cheri" wrote
> Once when I was working at a small restaurant, the new girl was
> cleaning the aparagus, throwing the tip parts in the garbage, and
> keeping the bottom part of the stalks. She got a good razzing for
> that. :-)
> Cheri

Probably because you've only had it overcooked. Lots of people have an
aversion to asparagus because they were subjected to the canned stuff at an
early age.

You might want to try buying a small bunch, snapping and discarding the
ends, and rolling the stalks in olive oil, coarse salt, and fresh black
pepper. Then grill them on high heat until just slightly blackened here and
there but still a bit crisp. Eat hot or at room temp.

If you don't like that, then there really is no hope for you and asparagus!