Stewart Bryant

Default Whether to Stir or not

..

> > My question is, I use a plunge pot in Ireland,(so sorry to hear that- my

regrets) and I wonder is it better to
> > stir the coffee immediately after I add the water or not. I seem to get
> > better coffee if I do not stir. I wonder is it because the coffee

itself
> > acts as a filter for the smaller particles when you do not stir. I find
> > that if I stir, the coffee does not remain on the top of the water.

Maybe you dont like the sediment in the brew.Have you tried a vacuum pot?
They have less sediment and though you still should stir a vac pot brew you
dont have to. Bodum makes a good one, and there are others out there. I
would definately buy a better grinder- Solis Maestro,Bodum Antigua etc.
Roasting your own is the next step up and I am sure you will be pleased with
the results. The learning curve is fast and it is well worth the time and
trouble IMHO.

Bon Chance

Stewart