Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '04 Produttori Barbaresco

TOnight I took my research group out to dinner at a local Italian
restaurant, though I'd neglected to consider that this is graduation
weekend at Purdue. In any event, with our main courses, I got a bottle of:

2004 Produttori di Barbaresco Barbaresco
nose: reticent, red fruit, minerals, rose petals, a hint of tar
palate: light, high acids, smooth tannins

Still quite young in character, this wine nonetheless was not in a bad
place tonight. It has begun developing tertiary characteristics and
should continue getting nicer for a good long while. My students, only
one of whom knows much about wine, generally enjoyed this wine.

Mark Lipton