Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Celeriac

Tiger Lily > wrote:
: On 5/12/2011 4:34 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
: > Peppermint Patootie wrote:
: >> In >,
: >> "Julie > wrote:
: >>
: >>> I was in an Albertsons some years ago when I heard a man exclaim as
: >>> he picked up a celeriac that he loved it because it tasted just like
: >>> mashed potatoes and it was so much lower in carbs and calories.
: >>>
: >>> I've never actually tried one, not really sure how to cook it. So..
: >>> Is there any truth to this?
: >>>
: >>> Thanks!
: >>
: >> It's celery root, and to me it tastes just like celery.
: >
: > Hmmm... Okay then!
: >
: >
: Julie, i know many people like this alternative

: how can you know without trying it??

: me? i like the inside of the celery, my mother used massive amounts of
: celery in (name the dish here), unless she was using massive amounts of
: walnuts in (name the dessert/cake/cookie here)

: i DETEST celery, except for the inside stems

: kate
: ps, the celeriac all mushed up wasn't that bad afterall

In my family the hearts of teh celery were always the prize parts. I was
astounded to find my husband, in the early days of our marriage, cutting
ti off to throw out! He also larned to love the inside of teh celery.

Wendy