Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default Celeriac

On 5/12/2011 4:34 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Peppermint Patootie wrote:
>> In >,
>> "Julie > wrote:
>>
>>> I was in an Albertsons some years ago when I heard a man exclaim as
>>> he picked up a celeriac that he loved it because it tasted just like
>>> mashed potatoes and it was so much lower in carbs and calories.
>>>
>>> I've never actually tried one, not really sure how to cook it. So..
>>> Is there any truth to this?
>>>
>>> Thanks!

>> It's celery root, and to me it tastes just like celery.

> Hmmm... Okay then!

Julie, i know many people like this alternative

how can you know without trying it??

me? i like the inside of the celery, my mother used massive amounts of
celery in (name the dish here), unless she was using massive amounts of
walnuts in (name the dessert/cake/cookie here)

i DETEST celery, except for the inside stems

kate
ps, the celeriac all mushed up wasn't that bad afterall