Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,seattle.politics,mn.politics
D.A. Tsenuf D.A. Tsenuf is offline

Default "Bankrupt" California: OK for illegals to use welfare checks to buy cigarettes and alcohol

"Yer Pal Al" > wrote in message
On May 3, 6:15 pm, Christopher Helms > wrote:
> On Apr 24, 12:59 pm, walt tonne > wrote:
>

> > On Apr 23, 11:41 pm, "GeorgeWashingtonFan"

> > > wrote:
> > > Welfare checks can be used to buy alcohol and cigarettes in California

> > > "Senator Dutton also explained that more
> > > than half of welfare beneficiaries are
> > > parents who are no longer eligible for
> > > state aid, but still receive cash assistance
> > > on behalf of their anchor baby children."

> > > By Kimberly Dvorak
> > > San Diego County Political Buzz Examiner
> > > April 19th, 2011

> > > On a straight party-line vote California lawmakers gave the green
> > > light
> > > for welfare recipients to purchase alcohol and tobacco products using
> > > taxpayer money. The insanity in the Golden State continues despite the
> > > state’s $23 billion deficit and double-digit unemployment.

> Tobacco and booze sales generate huge amounts of revenue for the
> state. Since right wingers demand trillions in government handouts for
> their beloved millionaires and corporations but scream like banchees
> at any suggestion that their welfare has to be paid for, governments
> have to figure out other ways to raise revenues.

#
# That's the way liberals think - They can bolster the economy by
# printing money and having the poor buy heavily taxed merchandise.
#
# In their world, the snake will disappear when it tries to swallow its
# tail.

I'm currently reading a book called "When Money Dies" by Adam Ferguson
It's about how the Germans and others "printed" their currencies to death in
the 1920-30s.
The book has are lesson to be learned, which our current politicians have
either never learned or are ignoring.