Posted to alt.food.wine
Jay Kay Jay Kay is offline

Default Need recommendations for Bordeaux (Pomerol, Pauillac, St. Julien,Haut-Medoc)

Greetings

I am planning on a wine tasting evening with some friends for which I
want to focus on Bordeaux (left and right bank). I need recommendations
for some Bordeaux in the inexpensive range (US$15-$40) from the following
appellations.

Pomerol,
Pauillac,
St. Julien,
Haut-Medoc

I'd like the vineyard/winery and year and if possible what you paid for/
from which store (US) (so that I know the rough range).

I have decided on one (maybe two) as below:

Saint Emilion Grand Cru Chateau Bernateau 2005
2005 Château Haut-Faugeres St. Émilion Grand Cru

The wines will be enjoyed with beef or venison medallions

Please post your response as a followup instead of responding via email.

Thanks in advance.

Jay Kay