Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default ping: Sqwertz

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 01 May 2011 11:09:47 -0400, Jean B. wrote:
>
>> My now-defunct Borders (the one in the 'burbs, not the big one in
>> Boston) had some of those volumes for $4.95! That was kind-of
>> odd, because I was seeing them at higher prices elsewhere. I
>> probably committed some strategic errors, because I couldn't
>> remember which ones I had and which I needed. Many of my books
>> have never been shelved, and I am now working on that. (What a
>> pain, splicing the ones that had been shelved and those that have
>> not been shelved, sorted, logged, etc.)

> Somehow I lost Italy. So I need that again, and I'd like the see the
> ones from USA and Spain come back in print in paperback. I have
> France, Greece, Russia, Germany, SE Asia, and European Specialities.
> Plus I have a handful of Eurodelicies as well as Europes Master Chefs.
>
> I had all of Culinaria at one time but shit happened. and yes, I have
> accidentally bought volumes that I already had. I was buying them
> here and there, and quicker than I could read or remember them.
>
> -sw

You have more than I do. I have SE Asian, of course. Russia.
Tunisia (I think). Maybe Greece. Spain and Germany posed the
most confusion for me, and I still don't have the answer. I have
just started shelving cookbooks here at the new house and have
just dented my antique books and Asian books (China and a bit of
Japan thus far).

--
Jean B.