Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default The Lunchtime Reception

Janet Bostwick wrote:

> All the ingredients for the canapés have been carefully sourced from
> Royal Warrant holding companies using UK-based ingredients. These
> include:

Now that's a foodie post of interest. Thanks!

I was actually hoping they'd have a roast swan. I've read that all
swans in the Themes river system are crown property because they are a
traditional centerpiece for a royal feast. I've read that last year for
the first time in decades the Queen joined the royal swan counter on his
annual count of the birds.

I've read that roast swan is even better than roast goose. I found a US
source for swan frozen and packed but at $999 including shipping I doubt
I will ever spring for one.