Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default How do you keep things low carb?

On 4/25/2011 10:28 AM, Evelyn wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 10:21:31 -0600, Tiger > wrote:
>
>> On 4/24/2011 4:39 PM, Evelyn wrote:
>>
>>> Julie we have been to parties where the ONLY thing half way edible was
>>> the dish I brought with me. We are always polite and try to be
>>> cheerful in spite of it. I always bring something I know we both
>>> like, knowing it may be the only decent dish there!
>>>
>>> Evelyn

>> ditto, Evelyn
>>
>> then i load my plate up with the item i brought and i have a tablespoon
>> (or none) of the other items brought
>>
>> sometimes it's a bit more 'dire' than that and i smile, have a good
>> conversation with folks, enjoy the company and time together, and run
>> home and have something i can eat! (i'm thinking of a group that puts
>> sugar into everything they make, except the mashed potatoes! LOL)
>>
>> kate

> Now THAT would definitely drive me nuts! I have never been much of a
> sugar hound.
>
> Evelyn

lol

my favourite one?

at a meal, there were the usual sugary dishes.......that glaze for
beets, and carbs and such

not a problem, i work around it, but they had a broccoli dish there! wow!

so, i ate the meat, a bit of carbs, avoided the glazed beets lines,
salads, veggies AND this incredible broccoli dish

but......... i also know to TEST after i eat there because ya never
know......... and my bg was 23.? or over 415

what?????

shoot a huge correction

ponder over what DID i eat?

call mom, tell her what an EXCELLENT broccoli dish that was, and would
she kindly send me the recipe

1 cup broccoli
1 cup mayonaise
1/2 cup sugar