Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Default Brining question

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 19:00:20 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>

>>> Except when they mention specific _curing salts_ (other than sodium
>>> chloride) in the brine... Kind of a dead giveaway if you ask me.

>> I don't recall asking you though.

> Awww, Eddie. Don't pout because you're not man enough to admit you
> ****ed up, and then tried to lie about it.
>
> Here, have a LifeSaver. And some lube for it.
>
> -sw

It is you that is confused. He was talking about bbq, not curing. I stand
by my statements

Do you see any reference to curing below?

Marty said:
"So far the quick brine is working out well. We (barbecue team) are trying
get more flavor in the pork but not necessarily an injection. We're looking
to get more flavor in that first inch or so under the bark.

Right now it's working well to make a very salty brine (much saltier than
the one Steve described upthread due to short time available for brining)
and jacquard the pork before it goes in the brine. I'm just looking for
alternatives, testing as many as possible. But I think from reading this
thread that I'm barking up the wrong salt lick with TQ."