Leif Thorvaldson

Default bitter orange flower tea

"mamba" > wrote in message
> Now it is a time to pick it up, everywhere is this beutifull smell of

bitter
> orange flower (I live in Dubrovnik,Croatia), but anyone have experience
> about it-is it better to pick flowers or earlier?I wont to have it for the
> tea!

Is this the same bitter orange that they obtain bergamot oil from?

ber·ga·mot (būr'g?-mot')
n.
1..
1.. A small tree (Citrus aurantium subsp. bergamia) commercially grown
chiefly in southern Italy for its sour citrus fruits, the rinds of which
yield an aromatic oil. Also called bergamot orange.
2.. The oil itself, used extensively in perfumery. Also called bergamot
oil.
2.. See bee balm.
[French bergamote, from Italian bergamotta, from Turkish dialectal
beg-armudu, bey's pear : beg, bey; see bey + armud, pear + -u, possessive
suff.]

----
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth
Edition Copyright © 2003 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton
Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.