Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Butter on green beans?

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> bbb is creepy in general because its set up so that every time you turn
> the corner you expect to see a stpeford wife, Lee

That could be why!

When we first moved back here we went to my husband's friend's house. I
knew the friend pretty well but had only met the wife once before. They
came to visit from NY to MA when Angela was born. The wife didn't seem to
fit with him at all. She was one of those extremely pretty blondes that
seemed fake in every way. She was very polite but didn't come across as
genuine at all.

The friend was in the military as well. He has since retired. We both
moved around a lot and when we moved back to WA, he was living here. We
went to their house. HUGE house. They had no kids but did have a cat and
two dogs. A;so by this point in time the wife had put on a great deal of
weight and in no way resembled her former self. She did say she was having
some medical issues but didn't say too much about it except that she really
wanted a baby and was unable to have one. Every time she brought that up,
she teared up and said she wished people wouldn't talk about it so I didn't
pry any further.

I was immediately struck by the strangeness of the house. We were looking
at houses to buy at the time and their house reminded me of one that had
been "staged" to sell. There was very little color in the house. White or
beige carpets throughout. Furnishings were either black, beige or in a few
rooms a little bit of pale sage green. The only room that seemed lived in
was the one bedroom they had given to the pets. It had an older couch, pet
bed and a cat perch.

The really odd thing was that there were some big pictures on the wall about
wine. I know that my husband's friend does drink beer but I am pretty sure
he does it on the sly. They are both Mormon and drinking is frowned upon.
I knew the wife didn't drink so I found it odd that she would put a wine
picture on the wall, but it did fit with their bland color scheme.

The first time I walked into BB and B, I immediately knew what was up with
their house! Apparently they had just gone into that store and bought
everything. It was all there.

I think when they moved here they sold most everything except for what was
in the pet's room and just ordered a bunch of new stuff or maybe went to the
store and got it. They did have a truck.