Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Butter on green beans?

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 23:47:17 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> we have a fryr tucks we go to when we are looking for something
>> particular... the staff there is generally in the know, one woman in
>> particular really knows their inventory... she not only knows what i am
>> talking about when i go in there, i can say i want something to...
>> describe and she will point me to a couple of options... she is also good
>> at remembering things like i love ice wine... if i hit the front door and
>> there is a sale or new product or something like what she knows i like she
>> makes a point of telling me about it... hhhmmm maybe i can just get her to
>> use my dictaphone and tell me what i like and have bought from there...
>> poof instant journal. lol, Lee

>There is actually a fairly new liquor store by Angela's dance studio. I
>have to walk by it to get to the grocery store. So I wouldn't have to go
>out of my way to go in there. It's just that liquor stores make me feel
>uncomfortable and I don't really know why. I've only ever been in them a
>few times.
>
>When I was younger, they had some sort of military thing at Sand Point. My
>friend's husband was in the Army so if I needed liquor she would just get it
>for me there. I never went in with her so don't know how or where it was
>sold there. In those days the liquor sold there was much cheaper than at
>our state run liquor stores. I don't drink at all any more and didn't drink
>much in those days but I did throw a lot of parties and I always supplied at
>least some of the liquor. I do know some people are picky about what they
>drink so those folks would most likely have to bring their own. But I
>digress...
>
>When we were first married, the department type store on the base where we
>lived sold hard liquor. I only ever bought a few of those single serve
>bottles and I think they were about a dollar apiece. The grocery store on
>the base sold beer and wine. I did buy quite a lot of wine for cooking and
>I sometimes bought beer for my husband and his friends. The prices there
>were much cheaper than what I would have paid at the state run store or
>grocery store (only beer and wine) here in WA.
>
>But then the military began to crack down. First it was liquor and then it
>was cigarettes. They raised the prices higher and higher in an effort to
>make them less appealing to the service people. I don't know if it worked
>or not but I'm thinking it did.
>
>When we lived on Cape Cod the big thing was to throw parties every weekend
>with free flowing liquor. There were contests to see who could get the most
>drunk or stay drunk for the longest length of time. I kid you not and the
>people who did this actually seemed to be proud of it. It was really pretty
>pathetic. It also could have had something to do with the ages of the
>people living there. I was 35 when I moved there and there were few people
> [...]

Julie, lots of very decent people go into liquor stores to buy wine or
whatever. It's just like any other store. Don't let strange
impressions from your past stop you. It doesn't mean a person is a
drunk or plans to get drunk to go into a liquor store. It can simply
mean you are picking up a bottle of cooking wine!

Evelyn