paula

Default Yeast for breadmaker

I have used Allinsons yeast from a drum in my bread machine and it
works just fine.it doesn't state on the tin --not for use in bread
machines though --just for regular bread making, any way it was fine.
i also get my fresh yeast free from my local asda/Walmart and have
done for yonks.sometimes i only get a piece about 1/2 ounce to 1 ounce
in weight, other times i get about 3 ounces depending on who serves me
so i freeze what i am not going to use within two days for later use.
By the way the baker said that it does not freeze BUT i have been
freezing yeast since before he was born!!!!!.any way back to bread
machines-do you all prefer bread machine bread to the good old
fashioned hand made stuff.as one of my girls has my machine at the
moment i am now making it by hand and i must say my old man( and me
)much prefer it, And it doesn't take too long to make even with two
provings.