Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Butter on green beans?

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>i think most tastes are enviiromentally influenced if not created, Lee

That could be. I grew up eating really plain food. I think perhaps that is
just common for the Midwest.

My mom came from a large family and although they had a farm, there wasn't
excess food. I don't think they had much in the way of herbs and spices.
Mainly meat, potatoes and vegetables. But the meat was not always what we
think of as meat these days. Often it was brains or squirrel or something
like that. They also ate a lot of popcorn, often as cereal.

From what I've been told, it sounded like my dad didn't eat a lot of home
cooked meals after his dad died. My grandma had to go to work. I think
they ate out a lot, but it was simple food like fried chicken or roast beef
with potatoes.

I was unfamiliar with sauces of any kind until I started watching cooking
shows. We never had any such thing at home except for occasional tomato
sauce for pasta. Our macaroni and cheese came from a box so I can't really
call what was on it a sauce.

My parents do eat out a lot and most of the time if they are ordering
something with sauce, they ask for no sauce or they have the sauce on the
side. Or if they do get something with sauce, they will usually scrape all
the sauce off before they eat it.