Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Butter on green beans?

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>I put my cholesterol lowering margarine on veggies. Hard to get the amount
>necessary if only using it on bread. I do it when the veggies cool slightly
>so it doesn't melt away. I put butter on veggies that are going into the
>middle of the table for large family dinners. Otherwise I just do the
>margarine on my own plate.

I guess I don't use much margarine either. Mainly I put it on bread. I did
make macaroni and cheese for dinner tonight and I did add butter to that. I
don't always remember to put the butter in though and frankly we can't tell
the difference with our without it.

I quit buying the cholesterol lowering margarine. My cholesterol isn't high
and that stuff was just soooo expensive. I found a new brand with no milk
in it. Haven't tried it yet though.

I guess I just like my veggies pretty much fat free. Yes, I like bacon in
green beans. Not ham though. I once took a bunch of green beans at a
restaurant thinking they had bacon in them, then read the sign that it was
ham. They were just too greasy and salty for my taste. Just as I don't
like dressing on my salad, I guess I don't like fat on my veggies. There
was a time when I ate raw baby carrots with olive oil and salt. That is
good.